Late summer and Fall is the time Ornamental Grasses put on their show. Now is the time while to pick out your favorites to add to your landscape.
6 reasons to use Ornamental Grasses
- These graceful plants sway in the breeze bringing movement to any area.
- Dwarf varieties can be used in landscape beds or in larger mixed containers.
- Large varieties (Pampas, Peppermint Stick) create a good screen or accent plants along fence lines, drives or large entrance ways.
- The plumage in late Summer and Autumn add color and interest to your yard when other plants have finished blooming.
- Once established they are fairly drought resistant and are not water hogs like blooming shrubs.
- Their upright growth habit along with their interesting colors (stripes, variegated blades) add a different texture and shape to your landscape.